Monday, December 20, 2010

6 weeks and counting!

It's so hard to believe that Landon is already 6 weeks old! He is growing so much and is not slowing down. Overall, he has been a great baby and is a lot of fun! Around 4 weeks old, he started to get a little bit of a cough and a stuffy nose so I took him to the doctor and he weighed 11 lb. 8 oz.!! That's a gain of 2 pounds since he was born! Now that he's 6 weeks, I wonder what he weighs. He is a chunk and he has really long legs and arms. He is starting to lose his hair around his hairline in the front. Luckily, there is other hair growing in, it's just a little shorter than the rest of the hair. He is starting to make a lot of sounds, and frequently keeps Dave and I up at night because of all the noise...even though he's not crying. He is in a bassinett by my bed. He sleeps in his boppy pillow because he has been stuffy so if he sleeps propped up in the boppy, he can breath better. But, sometimes when he wakes up in the morning, he has squirmed his way out of the boppy and he's laying flat. It's really kind of funny that he can move that much. He almost sleeps throught he night too! He will go to bed around 9 or 10 and won't wake up until about 4 or 5 and then he'll go right back to sleep until about 8. Hopefully as he gets older and bigger, he will just sleep straight through until about 6ish.


Other things that Landon likes/does:
-Falls asleep in the car in 1.3 seconds
-Smiles a lot in his sleep
-Sucks on his hands during his tummy time (or screams in this case)
-Looks like he's holding his binki in his mouth when he's sleeping (You can see where he's losing his hair in this picture)-Snores
-Makes funny sounds when he's hungry and you give him his binki
-Hates the taste of his gas drops
-Hates getting his temperature taken (on his forehead)
-Gurggles when I have to put Saline drops in his nose
-Likes to lay on the kitchen table with the light on above him
-Loves to snuggle in his fluffy blanket after he gets his bath
-Likes to take naps with mom and dad on the couch
-Hates getting a sponge bath! Would much rather have a real bath!

Well, I'm sure there are lots of other things that I'm forgetting but for now, this is what I can remember. I have gone back to work a few days a week and have been taking Landon to a babysitter. He seems to do really good and he's happy when he comes home. It's hard to leave him but I think it's good for him and me to have some time apart sometimes. I love being a mom even though sometimes it's really hard. Dave loves being a dad too and loves coming home to me and Landon! :)

4 comments:

Shayna said...

kalei! he is so cute, what a fun post of his likes.... and the pictures are fantastic! congrats. looks like your cute little family is doing wonderful! happy holidays!

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

I am so excited for you!! He is SO cute!! I bet you're such a good mom!!

Casey and Amy said...

He's adorable!! I still feel so bad that I was sick that one day and couln't see him! Probably for the best, but still I need to see him!

The Chambers Family said...

Kalei! He is so stinkin' cute! I sure love baby boys! :)